$425 per camp, includes T-Shirt and MP3 Recording.
$25 per week discount for additional sessions, campers within a family or for complete bands attending together.
$200 at time of registration and balance due first day of class.
NEW REFERRAL DISCOUNT:
Returning campers, refer a new camper and both of you get a discount of $50 for Teens and $25 for Junior Rockers!
- DHM camps emphasize original songwriting and creative development, so our students grow as musicians and as team players.
- We teach guitar, bass, drums, keys, vocals and more. Our teachers challenge students to excel as beginners or as advanced players.
- Our students work with professional equipment and seasoned band coaches to prepare for a real gig in a real venue.
- Ages 11 – 17: Beginner to Advanced. We occasionally accept 10-year-olds into this camp and is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and depending on the student’s musical skill and general maturity. To learn more, please contact us.
- Click here to hear directly from our campers and parents about their DHM experience.
Check out this video following a DHM teen band from formation through a week of summer camp all the way to their debut show.
Can’t see the video? View “Why Teen Bands Rock” on Vimeo.
Dog House Music is pleased to present its Rock & Roll Camp for Teens who play or want to learn guitar, bass, drums, vocals or keyboard. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced player, this camp will give you the opportunity to expand or refine your abilities. Guided by our professional staff of instructors in our “state-of-the-art” rehearsal studios, students will play in a band, write original music, play live at a local venue and record a CD.
Click here to see where our campers hail from around the U.S. and the world.
Founded in 2004, this program offers an authentic rock & roll experience — our instructors are all successful local touring and studio musicians. It has become Colorado’s preferred Teen Music Summer Program.
Rock & Roll Camp Dates 2018
- June 4-8
- June 11-15
- June 18-22
- June 25-29
- July 9-13
- July 16-20
- July 23-27
- July 30- Aug 3
- Aug 6-10
- Play in a band
- Perform live at a Boulder club
- Record a live CD
- Write original music
- Make connections with other teen musicians
- Other — we’ve worked with students playing everything from trumpet to electric violin to ukelele!
Students learn techniques needed to play the music they love. Under the direction of our professional staff of highly trained teacher musicians, they will begin their day with music lessons on their instrument of choice, followed by music theory and music promotion. During the afternoon, students are grouped into bands to write and rehearse an original song. Each week-long session culminates in a final performance for friends and family at a local all-ages venue. Students will receive a live digital recording of their performance.
Bands who continue on after completing the DHM summer camp program are also eligible for our Band Development and Promotion Program – free booking assistance and access to our extensive network of promotion contacts.
Each morning our staff will perform an educational session for students including rock, bluegrass, metal and blues. During some sessions professional guests may drop in and perform. These sessions illustrate key concepts in band dynamics, songwriting, improvisation and performance.